SQL Server 2017 on Linux


What’s new for SQL Server 2017 running on Linux. CTP 2.0 now The CTP 2.0 release contains the following improvements and fixes: Added Log Shipping functionality for SQL Server Agent. Localized messages of mssql-conf. Linux path formatting are now compatible throughout the SQL Server Engine. But support for “C:\” prefixed paths will continue. Enabled DMV…

SQL Server 2016 – Temporal Tables


SQL Server 2016 – Temporal Tables The temporal table feature in SQL Server 2016 is a breakthrough in data warehousing, because we no longer need to do anything to store the historical values. Data warehouse by approximately 15% half of the ETL development effort which is about 30%; the other 70% is analysis, design, database…

Migrating to SQL Server 2014


SQL Server 2014’s new In-Memory OLTP, with its 2x-30x performance improvements, provides a pretty compelling reason to migrate to SQL Server 2014—in spite of the fact that SQL Server 2014 was released just two years after the last SQL Server 2012 release. There are two basic strategies for upgrading to a new SQL Server release.…

Products retiring


Products retiring   On April 12, 2016 the following products will NO longer be supported: SQL Server 2005 .Net Framework 2.0 System Center Data Protection Manager 2006 Visual Studio 2005 Dynamics CRM 3.0 Windows Embedded for Point of Service   On July 12, 2016 the following products will NO longer be supported: BizTalk Server 2006…

MS SQL Server Max-Min Memory – PLE


Setting the Memory Options Manually. Use the two server memory options, min server memory and max server memory, to reconfigure the amount of memory (in megabytes) that is managed by the SQL Server Memory Manager for a SQL Server process used by an instance of SQL Server. Error: PLE: Page Life Expectancy is number of seconds a…

MS SQL database backup file


MS SQL database backup file SQL Server 2016 Community Technology Preview 2 (CTP2) through current version). To make your database secured and protective; it helps you to restore your inaccessible files of the main database when any type of corruption or damage occurs. But, what if backup also corrupt, while attempting to restore database from…

SQL Server updates on a failover cluster


SQL Server 2012, there is a new setup feature introduced which can apply a patch to SQL Server bits before the server is even set up for the first time. You download a cumulative update patch from the hotfix link in the Kb articles below links, then point setup to the right folder and it…