MS SQL Server 2011 Denali – Basic Setup and Configurations.
In continuation of my earlier post for Denali CTP1 launch, here are MS SQL Server 2011 setup screen prints. To begin with you can download installation media from Microsoft Link. Before you start installation, you must check system requirement and it very important and check this:
System Requirements this is minimum: Details
- Supported Operating Systems:Windows 7;Windows Server 2008 R2;Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2;Windows Vista Service Pack 2
- 32-bit systems
- Computer with Intel or compatible 1GHz or faster processor (2 GHz or faster is recommended.)
- 64-bit systems
- 1.4 GHz or faster processor
- Minimum of 1 GB of RAM (2 GB or more is recommended.)
- 2.2 GB of available hard disk space
MS SQL Server installation, for this installation i used new stand alone SQL Server Denali installation, for more info please visit http://www.addarr.com/MS-SQL-2008.php
* Tea break. On a normal desktop class machine for QA purposes it may take more then 50 to 60 minutes. On a server class machine installation time may differ depending on configuration and option chosen during setup.
* Efter Tea Break your installation is ready to go, Dont forget to check installation summary files as well as best practices
* Object Explorer in MS SQL Server 2011 is moveable.
* SSMS Screen prints, the looks and presentation is very appealing, i did not have to spend on that, please check it out by your self.
This is just beginning of new Era SQL 2011 & Leave ur comments or suggestion.
Khan MCTS – SQLDBA www.addarr.com